Search Album FAQ Memberlist Profile Private messages Register Log in
|What famous place would you like to visit? Use resons and details to support your | What is the best age to marry? Give reasons and examples to support your response|
I'm new here and I like it ;-)
Joined: 16 Jan 2011
|You cannot post new topics in this forum|
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Provided by phpBB ©2001-2018 phpBB Group
This band 7.5 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Essay topics: Some people say that children should play games which require teamwork such as football and basketball. Whereas, some think they should be doing individual sports such as swimming and running. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that in their spare time, youngsters should play games like football and basketball which require teamwork. While I agree with this argument to some extent, I believe that children should also play individual games such as swimming and running.
There are several benefits to playing team sports. Firstly, team sports are more enjoyable and all children like to play with their friends or peers. Studies have shown that children who play with their peers are more satisfied than those who play alone. Secondly, while playing team events, children learn teamwork and improve their communication skills. For example, in order to win a football / cricket match, they cannot rely solely on one person. So they work together and make a plan to achieve their goal.
On the other hand, I also believe participating in individual activities has many advantages. One advantage is that playing alone is much easier because they do not have to gather a group of people to start. For instance, if a child wants to improve his running performance, he can practice alone. He does not have to find another person to run with him. Another advantage is that children who engage in individual activities are more likely to become independent. This ability plays an important role in the success of a person, because this kind of person is capable of leading others and achieving their goals.
In conclusion, although team activities benefit children in many ways individual games also have their own advantages. So, I would argue that children should play both types of games.
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Play Games That Require Teamwork
- Band 9 essay sample: Children should spend more time outdoor playing games
- IELTS essay sample | Are computer games bad for children?
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are spending too much time playing video games
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Useful IELTS Vocabulary | Advantage
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Hiring People Who Are Independent And Innovative