The Top 40 Outstanding Classification and Division Essay Topics
Classification and division essays usually divide objects or events into several groups according to a certain principle. You can divide almost everything that you want. However, for an academic paper, you should keep in mind that your classification should make sense and your its principle should be applicable to all objects of study. It is important to pick a good topic, consider similarities and differences between chosen objects, and determine a classification principle for them. The top 40 outstanding classification and division essay topics provided below are selected in order to help you come up with your own:
- Classification of social network users.
- The most popular YouTube videos: trailers, short funny videos, promotional materials, learning material, and the like.
- What type of users chooses certain search engines.
- Computer users versus tablet and smartphone users.
- The most popular pets in different countries: cats, dogs, snakes, hamsters, rats, spiders, etc.
- Accommodation options for students under a limited budget: rent a flat, dormitory, and staying with relatives.
- The main types of friends that we have.
- Types of roommates.
- The most popular songs and singers.
- Different movie endings.
- Extracurricular activities: common, unusual, and unexpected.
- Why women (men) refuse to get married.
- Parenting styles.
- Types of lectures.
- Students’ performance during a class workshop.
- Types of tourists: incentive, health, business, cultural, leisure, sport, and special interest.
- The best kinds of vacation.
- Kinds of first dates that individuals often have.
- What communication strategies people use trying to resolve conflicts in office.
- Christmas gifts: cards, small things, toys, and expensive presents.
- Halloween costumes.
- Types of diets: how individuals keep fit.
- Ways of losing weight.
- Strategies to quit smoking.
- Ways to spend holidays.
- Types of house décor.
- Habits and traditions.
- International conferences and forums.
- Popular ways to reduce stress.
- Motivation types.
- How to remember things effectively.
- Conflicting situations: how people usually behave.
- Sources of energy: traditional and alternative sources.
- Types of debates.
- What people prefer drinking: coffee, tea, milk, soda, etc.
- Environmental management strategies: mitigation and adaptation.
- Political parties.
- What influences people’s choices when they are shopping online.
- How people respond to jokes.
- Study resources on the Web: online study platforms, university and library resources, educational websites, educational blogs, online encyclopedias, etc.
Classification Essay Topics
Classification essays are not very popular among professors. They might, however, appear in a high school program, most likely in a creative writing class. The reason classification essays are not that popular in colleges is because they are fairly easy; therefore, they are majorly short essays. What is a classification essay? A classification essay is an essay where the writer classifies some group in smaller sub-groups. Take for example, friends. Any student has a lot of friends. Those friends may be their older brothers, their class mates or someone across the street. This way an author can classify his friends under the following sub-categories: school friends, family friends, block or street friends, church friends, sports team friends. By classifying these friends the writer can discuss how often they meet with this or that sub-group, how close they are, what they do for fun, etc.
Going further, classification essay can be written about animals, plants, planets, rivers etc. Because these essays do not require critical thinking but rather stating some facts, this type of essay are not good for evaluation of knowledge, but rather for learning the new information by a student. It is well-know that if a person writes something, the information is learnt faster rather than while reading.
As it was stated above, anything that can be grouped can be classified. If a student is taking any science class, the teacher will provide students with the group to be classified. But what if the assignment is for a creative writing class? Not all students are creative and some may really struggle coming up with some good classification essay topic. In this case it is good to use Essaytopicgenerator.com. This tool will help students to search for a good a creative topic of his classification essay assignment. This is a fairly easy tool where a student has to type in keywords, choose classification essay under the type of essay, and choose a subject area. Here are some good topics generated by the tool:
- Study habits
- Vacation destinations
- Popular TV shows
Our tool is great to generate research paper topics as well. College students as well as university professors could easily generate a great number of custom topics for their research papers.